A Message to Our Valuable Employees and Customers:
Like many of you, Virginia Regional Transit has been monitoring the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation very closely. We understand transportation during this time is still of the utmost importance as you support those that depend on our organization to weather this pandemic. We want to express to you, our valuable employees and customers, that while we value you for your contributions to our organization, we also continually wish for your health and well-being as part of the Virginia Regional Transit family.
Our employees are taking additional health precautions within the working environment and are being urged to stay home if they have any symptoms of an illness. Where appropriate, our employees are able to conduct their job responsibilities through remote access.
We’d also like to review additional ways you can take care of yourself to avoid catching airborne viruses such as the flu and COVID-19. Our employees are already following these steps:
• Regularly disinfect steering wheels and other areas of your vehicle that are frequently touched. A list of disinfectants that kill the COVID-19 can be found at https://www.epa.gov/newsreleases/epa-releases-list-disinfectants-use-against-covid-19.
• Maintain your distance. The World Health Organization recommends a distance of three feet from anyone that is coughing or sneezing. The flu and COVID-19 are spread through respiratory droplets.
• Wash your hands thoroughly, for at least 20 seconds, using soap and water. If soap and water aren’t available, use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Seek medical care when needed. If you develop a fever, cold-like symptoms or difficulty breathing, contact your doctor or utilize a telemedicine provider.
We thank you for your ongoing partnership — it’s truly a privilege to serve you, your business and our community. We will continue to make decisions that are driven by our core values and with your best interest in mind.
Virginia Regional Transit Mission
Virginia Regional Transit operates, manages, and plans fixed route, demand response, and commuter transportation services. The organization delivers efficient, cost effective, and quality services for riders so they can move about their communities and live their lives fully. The organization strives to be the provider of choice for our customers, looking to offer transportation as a vital community resource.